Careers at The Drink Nation
The Drink Nation Seeks Local Editor for Wasington DC, Baltimore, & New York City
The Drink Nation is a family of websites about drinking culture in American cities. Our national site, TheDrinkNation.com, features drink reviews, news, commentary and more. Our local sites contain a directory of all the best bars in the region; listings of upcoming events; and posts and articles about local bars, drink-related happenings and items of interest in the area.
We are currently searching for local editors in Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, and New York City.
If you are:
- an avid fan of great cocktails, craft beer or interesting wines (or, preferably, all of the above);
- well-versed in the ins and outs of your local restaurant and bar scene;
- can write quick and insightful blog posts and articles about the above;
- familiar with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter;
and want to translate all that into a bit of extra cash, this is the position for you.
As local editor, you will be the point person for your site, writing articles, communicating with bars and PR firms, supplying information on openings, helping with social media and on-the-ground outreach and generally helping spread the word about your site.
Pay will include a base rate for a minimum of six article posts a month, which can be increased by bonuses that are awarded based on traffic generated by your posts and articles.
This is a freelance position.
If interested, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Promo Brand Ambassador:
Interested in becoming a brand ambassador? Love to meet new people and learn about things going on in the city? If so, we got you.
We are looking for out-going people who want to work for an explosive company - while learning a ton about marketing, event coordination, and fostering community among site subscribers.
The hours will vary, ranging anywhere from 1 event (2-3 hours) to 4 events a week (8-12 hours) and even more during Philly Beer Week (20+ hours). Compensation will vary depending upon level of experience and availability.
Social Media Intern:
As an FYI, the internship position is unpaid, however it will build great experience in the world of social networking. The position is part-time and will require approx 30 hours a week devoted to working at the Drink Philly office.
The Drink Nation social media intern will:
- create, add to and maintain Twitter lists for @drinkphilly, @drinkbmore, @thedrinknation, @drinkdc and @drinknjshore
- lists will be local bars and restaurants, local press, local drink bloggers, national drink writers, spirits companies, wine companies, breweries, distributors
- curate existing Twitter accounts to trim down following count, if needed
- on Facebook, add other companies, bars and restaurants to page favorites for our respective brands
- post daily content links to Facebook, including tags of any mentioned/relevant entities
- create Facebook photo albums from events and post images with links and tags
- brainstorm on and execute questions/contests for The Drink Nation twitter and Facebook
- think of ways to drive Disqus comments on article posts